Quality Engineer II
Company: Viant Medical
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Come join a growing, steady company! Excellent Benefits and a
great team to work with.
- Full Medical, Dental & Vision, 401(k), effective on your 1st
- Paid holidays
- Growth OpportunitiesAre you passionate about being part of a
Team that will become the most trusted medical device molding and
assembly service provider? Are you tired of mundane cubicle Quality
roles? Join Team Upland as our Quality Manufacturing Engineer II
and realize your full potential as a High Impact member of our
PURPOSE: We produce medical devices that save and enhance lives!
The primary purpose of our Quality Engineer II position is to apply
Quality principles to drive process improvements in the
manufacturing of medical devices while positively affecting
quality, delivery, cost, safety and moral. We are looking for
someone with a positive attitude with excellent attention-to-detail
who wants to grow professionally with high internal expectations.
As well collaborate with the site while promoting the culture of
always meeting or exceeding the expectations of our Customers, with
a focus on Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence, and
building a true High Performance Team.
INNOVATION: Implement Advanced Manufacturing technologies and
solutions while flexing your creativity engine. Work with other
Viant Medical sites and engineering teams to benchmark successes
and share best practices. Drive process improvements utilizing Lean
Quality techniques, Root cause analysis and cross functional team
GROWTH: Being a growth site we are looking for individuals that are
looking for development. You will be working with our internal and
external customers in a highly dynamic work environment that
encourages and promotes developmental growth in many areas.
Opportunities are available in metrology, New Product development,
robotics and driving improvement though operational excellence
MISSION / VISON: We partner and innovate with our customers to
provide the highest quality, life enhancing medical devices in the
world. Our focus is on enhancing the customer experience by
building true business partnerships and our business though,
Teamwork, Being Agile, having Personal Integrity, Owning It, and
Recognizing the Success of others because together, We Are In It
- Problem Resolution: identification, data collection and trend
analysis, reporting, and initiation of corrective and/or preventive
- Continuous Quality Improvement: systems, documents, software
and technical tools.
- Reporting of internal and external quality problems and
- Coordinates activities between Engineering, Manufacturing and
Quality, including qualification and validation.
- Monitoring and improvement of SPC systems, sampling plans and
- Cost of Quality reporting and analysis, as required.
- Training of personnel to improve technical skills, job
knowledge and performance.
- Planning, controlling, and assuring product and process
- Back-up and or perform to QS Management//Supervisor
Representative, as assigned.
- Plan, prepare, and execute Internal Audits, as assigned.
- Participate in Material Review Board and/or Change Control
Board as QA representative.
- Coordinate with other departments as member of problem solving
- Assist Inspectors in Quality Assurance as needed.
- Represent Viant with customers, vendors and outside
- Execute Document Control functions as deemed necessary.
- Utilize tools, gauges and other inspection equipment to obtain
product specification data
- Work on validation projects along with Customer, Manufacturing
- Expert with utilizing ANSI Sampling Plans
- Expert in utilizing hand measurement tools (Caliper,
Micrometer, Ruler, Gage Blocks, etc.)
- High Proficiency with PCDMIS and Measuremind 3D automated
inspection software (CMM, OGP, Smart scope, etc.)
- High Proficiency in material analysis (i.e. FTIR, Melt Flow
- Proficiency with Medical device standards and Regulations (ISO
- Ability to read and decipher blueprints
- Proficient in GD&TRequirements:
- Minimum Education: Minimum five (5) years' experience in a
similar field. Working knowledge in problem solving methodologies.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum Experience: At least two (2) year experience in a
supervision and/or management role. Demonstrated experience to lead
teams and projects. Good organizational skills. Previous experience
in plastic injection molding related environment.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert in utilizing hand measurement tools (Caliper,
Micrometer, Ruler, Gage Blocks, etc.). High Proficiency with PCDMIS
and Measuremind 3D automated inspection software (CMM, OGP, Smart
scope, etc.), IQMS
- Required - Minimum five (5) years experience in a similar
field. Working knowledge in problem solving methodologies.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Preferred - At
least two (2) year experience in a supervision and/or management
role. Demonstrated experience to lead teams and projects. Good
organizational skills. Previous experience in plastic injection
molding related environment
- Working in a medical device or other FDA regulated industry.
Comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, JPAL MHLW
Ordinance 169, and/or FDA QSR regulatory requirements. Computer
literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Access.
Desired candidate will have prior work history in MSA, SPC,
Mini-tab, Infinity, sterilization, & clean room environment.
- Physical Demands: Standing, sitting, walking and lifting.
Traveling by car and air.New employees are eligible for the
following benefits effective date of hire!
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous Paid time off and 10 paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement#INDLP
Viant is a global medical device design and manufacturing services
provider that partners and innovates with customers to provide the
highest quality, life enhancing medical devices. We do this through
our depth and breadth of capabilities, end-to-end integration,
technical expertise, and relentless focus on our customers and on
operational excellence. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24
locations worldwide, we offer a unique combination of small-company
service and attention with big-company resources. For more
information, visit viantmedical.com or follow us on LinkedIn. Viant
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities.
Keywords: Viant Medical, Upland , Quality Engineer II, Engineering , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!