Contract Physician Alternate - Plasma Center Medical Director
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Location: CA-Upland, US Contract Type: Regular Part-Time Area:
Medical Affairs For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to
improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We
are a global healthcare company that produces essential
plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and
healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services
they need to deliver expert medical care. Job -Title: - Center
Medical and Laboratory Director Alternate - The Center Medical and
Laboratory Director works under the supervision of the Division
Medical Director, for professional competency matters, and the
Center Management, for administrative matters. It is his/her
responsibility to follow and be compliant with the guidelines and
regulations of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the
company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and all applicable
regulatory agencies to ensure proper donor assessment in regards to
their suitability as a plasma donor and product integrity. Primary
responsibilities for role:
- Serves as recognized Center Medical and Laboratory Director for
all verbal and/or written correspondence to state Department(s) of
Health and other regulatory agencies related to their assigned
donor center(s), as required.
- ---Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate
interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
- ---Observe and confirm compliance of the Center's medical and
laboratory procedures as they affect the safety of the donors and
the final product; and provide feedback to Facility Management
- ---Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing
physical examinations and taking medical and social histories on
all donors, and through the use of the company's FDA approved
Standard Operating Procedure manual, current State and Federal
guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, cGMP, pertinent sections of the CFR, all
internal company procedures as well as personal education and
- ---Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established
donor suitability, donor safety and product safety.
- ---Oversee and assist in the certification, training and
performance of the center medical staff and center physicians (as
applicable) as it pertains to the donor assessment and to
compliance with the Company's standard operating procedures
- ---Provide additional necessary training, re-certification and
corrective actions for the center's Medical Staff.
- ---Provide guidance and certification of the center's medical
staff regarding: a) the appropriate and confidential counseling to
individuals with unacceptable test results, and b) the appropriate
level of care during unusual or severe donor reactions.
- ---Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to
unacceptable individuals and to individuals with abnormal test
- ---Provide appropriate level of care during unusual or severe
- ---Management, training, administration and/or supervision of
all approved donor immunization programs, if available at the
center, according to established protocol.
- ---Recommend changes and improvements to Standard Operating
- ---Assist with management and administration of donor
counseling, testing, and follow up of employee exposure to blood or
- ---Assist or manage the employee immunization program.
- ---Learn, understand and be independent working with the Donor
Management System (DMS) as it relates to the duties and
responsibilities of this position.
- ---Participate and collaborate with center's CLIA, Safety,
Quality meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- ---Provide education sessions to the medical staff according to
the Company's standard operating procedures (SOP).
- ---Review and approve the CLIA-defined moderate complexity test
procedures, as required.
- ---Act as Technical and Clinical Consultant for all CLIA
regulated testing in compliance with the responsibilities outlined
in 42 CFR, Part 493, Laboratory Requirements, Subpart M, Sections
493.1413 and 493.1419, Standards; Technical Consultant and Clinical
- Complete the CLIA competency assessment for all employees who
perform CLIA designated moderate complexity tests according to
- ---Review the QA reports for timely and appropriate actions on
moderate complexity procedures for test problems.
- ---Review results of moderate complexity tests and proficiency
testing by the plasma center staff as required.
- ---As requested, provide a copy of the current medical license,
curriculum Vitae, diplomas, and other documents to fulfill State,
Federal and company requirements.
- ---Meet monthly with the Division Medical Director.
- ---Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements: To qualify for
the Center Medical and Laboratory Director role, you must meet the
following job requirements:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Current, unrestricted license in the state in which the center
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Evidence of fulfillment of CLIA requirements as Director of a
Laboratory of Moderate Complexity by either evidence of completion
of specialty training in Pathology or Hematology or certification
of completion of 20 hours of Medical Education Course in Laboratory
Practice. Required to fulfill after hired.
- ---Must have legible handwriting.
- ---Ability to read and write the English Language.
- ---Must be able to use a PC.
Grifols will -provide paid training for the position. Prior
experience is not required. The position requires a MINIMUM
availability of four (4) hours every calendar month during the
center business hours. This is -an excellent opportunity for
primary care physicians, and other specialties, who would like to
expand their experience and compensation. - -
THE PHYSICIAN MUST LIVE NEAR THE -AREA -- NO MORE THAN A 40 MILE
COMMUTE FROM THE DONOR CENTER LOCATED AT: 1405 E Foothill Blvd,
Upland, CA -91786. -
- Manual dexterity to perform all technical duties within scope
of center operations.
- ---Ability to stand for extended periods of time - up to four
(4) hours at a time.
- ---Ability to lift, tug, pull up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Ability to view video display terminal less than 18'' away from
face - up to four (4) hours a time.
- ---Ability to articulate clearly.
- ---Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane as needed.
#BiomatUSA #CB #GrifolsJobs GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER: Minorities / Female / Disability / Veterans "We are
looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and
enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our
donors/customers." Address: 1405 E Foothill Blvd, Upland, CA
Keywords: Grifols, Upland , Contract Physician Alternate - Plasma Center Medical Director, Executive , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!