Senior Manager - Training and Development
Posted on: January 8, 2022
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily KlopfensteinAre you a fit?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us
your resume.Salary: $95,000 - $110,000 per yearA bit about us:Our
client has been family owned and operated for more than 20 years.
They have been working with independent retailers to provide the
best fuel and highest level of service to communities throughout
California. Over the years, the company has grown by buying and
selling stations, converting bays into convenience stores, adding
car washes, partnering with fast food brands, and building ground
up new to industry locations. This growth has provided us
experience from the perspective of a buyer, seller, lease dealer,
open dealer, franchisee, owner, contract operator, and wholesale
distributor . . . virtually all classes of trade within the
gasoline retailing industry.Why join us?Our management team
includes former Large Oil Company Executives who know and
understand "big oil" and how to grow fuel volume and increase
retail business. The management team has more than 70 years of
industry experience. Our goal is simple: Invest, design, improve,
communicate, track, expand and monetize everything. Our client
understands what it takes to be successful and are looking forward
to working with dealers that want to generate more revenue. They
continue to be a consistent top performer for Large Oil companies
when it comes to image, customer service, and volume growth.Job
DetailsThe Senior Training and Development Manager is responsible
for end-to-end development of all training & development solutions
that will serve all employees across multiple businesses/regions.
Responsible for developing and maintaining the employee learning
functions to engage and grow a diverse 4,000+ employee workforce.
They lead a team of training professionals across multiple regions
who perform multiple functions on a project, including course
facilitation and instructional design. They must be able to quickly
assess audience demographics and identify the appropriate learning
solutions to meet the business needs, including instructor led,
blended, experiential, media based, performance support, and other
emerging technologies. This position collaborates and leads
multiple Trainers within the learning organization, client
representatives, and external learning industry
- Evaluate the organization's training needs, manage all training
& development projects, and design and develop training programs
for all regional areas to meet organizational goals.
- Responsible for the design, development, presentation and
evaluation of employee and supervisor training programs designed
for talent development and core employee training.
- Lead the design for all instructor-led training for the
Company, providing oversight over the e-Learning platform,
development of participant guides, exercises, and job aids with the
regional training specialists.
- Develop and administer a modern and engaging employee
on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Provide oversight and guidance related to the company
performance management and succession planning process and work
with corporate leaders to ensure integration and support.
- Collaborate with the training specialists to facilitate
targeted worker safety training programs when necessary, including
consulting with managers, supervisors, employees.
- Facilitate and deliver job skills training and certification
program classes when necessary to ensure employee competencies in a
variety of policies, procedures and systems are being met.
- Oversee the administration of new employee training
requirements and ensure class completion records are updated and
certifications are completed when necessary.
- Help identify professional development needs of the
- Review existing programs for modern improvements and propose
adjustments or introduce new course additions.
- Provides support and administration for the new hire
on-boarding and orientation, organizational learning, learning
administration, leadership development, career development and
succession planning, and performance management.
- Ensures deliverables align with company strategies, goals and
initiatives, including diversity and inclusion.
- Develops and implements development focused training plans for
individual employees, supervisors, managers and select potential
- Conduct needs assessments with key business stakeholders and
leaders within the organization.
- Participate in and coordinate projects with other departments
throughout the organization, providing human resource management
expertise and perspective.
- Assist in the development of company staff by providing support
to increase employee engagement and enhancing the effectiveness of
employees' performance in the workplace.
- Partner with the Director of HR, training specialists, and
senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans,
processes and develop the workplace culture.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Human
Resources/Organizational Development, Business Communication,
Education/Training, Adult Education, Communications, Business or a
related field is strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in with L&D in a mid-size or large
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or
- Experience managing direct reports in a divisional
organizational structure preferred
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business
- Experience in education/instructional design with the ability
to develop instructional materials for multiple delivery
- Previous experience in a Retail environment preferred.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, ATD, CPLP or similar, related professional
- Experience designing and building training programs and
providing oversight of talent development initiatives.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Upland , Senior Manager - Training and Development, Executive , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!