CORP Senior Manager, Learning and Development
Company: Rebel - Rebel Convenience Stores
Posted on: June 18, 2022
- Department: Administration
- Section: HR/Payroll
- Supervisors: Director of HR
B.SCOPEThe Senior Manager is responsible for end-to-end development
of all training & development solutions that will serve all
employees across multiple businesses/regions. Responsible for
developing and maintaining the employee learning functions to
engage and grow a diverse 4,000+ employee workforce. They lead a
team of training professionals across multiple regions who perform
multiple functions on a project, including course facilitation and
instructional design. They must be able to quickly assess audience
demographics and identify the appropriate learning solutions to
meet the business needs, including: instructor led, blended,
experiential, media based, performance support, and other emerging
technologies. This position collaborates and leads multiple
Trainers within the learning organization, client representatives,
and external learning industry partners.
- Evaluate the organizations training needs, manage all training
& development projects, and design and develop training programs
for all regional areas to meet organizational goals.
- Responsible for the design, development, presentation and
evaluation of employee and supervisor training programs designed
for talent development and core employee training.
- Lead the design for all instructor-led training for the
Company, providing oversight over the e-Learning platform,
development of participant guides, exercises and job aids with the
regional training specialists.
- Develop and administer a modern and engaging employee
on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Provide oversight and guidance related to the company
performance management and succession planning process and work
with corporate leaders to ensure integration and support.
- Collaborate with the training specialists to facilitate
targeted worker safety training programs when necessary; including
consulting with managers, supervisors, employees.
- Facilitate and deliver job skills training and certification
program classes when necessary to ensure employee competencies in a
variety of policies, procedures and systems are being met.
- Oversee the administration of new employee training
requirements and ensure class completion records are updated and
certifications are completed when necessary.
- Help identify professional development needs of the
- Review existing programs for modern improvements and propose
adjustments or introduce new course additions.
- Provides support and administration for the new hire
on-boarding and orientation, organizational learning, learning
administration, leadership development, career development and
succession planning, and performance management.
- Ensures deliverables align with company strategies, goals and
initiatives, including diversity and inclusion.
- Develops and implements development focused training plans for
individual employees, supervisors, managers and select potential
- Conduct needs assessments with key business stakeholders and
leaders within the organization.
- Participate in and coordinate projects with other departments
throughout the organization, providing human resource management
expertise and perspective.
- Assist in the development of company staff by providing support
to increase employee engagement and enhancing the effectiveness of
employees performance in the workplace.
- Partner with the Director of HR, training specialists, and
senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans,
processes and develop the workplace culture.
- Assists with various Human Resource projects as needed.
- Priorities change rapidly, so the ability to pivot quickly and
effectively is an absolute requirement.
- Performs other related duties as required and
- Bachelors degree with a focus in Human Resources/Organizational
Development, Business Communication, Education/Training, Adult
Education, Communications, Business or a related field is strongly
- 7-10 years of experience in with L&D in a mid-size or large
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or
- Experience managing direct reports in a divisional
organizational structure preferred
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business
- Experience in education/instructional design with the ability
to develop instructional materials for multiple delivery
- Previous experience in a Retail environment preferred.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, ATD, CPLP or similar, related professional
- Experience designing and building training programs and
providing oversight of talent development initiatives.
- Expert facilitation skills, with the ability to effectively
engage and coach various levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage
multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- Requires the ability to consult with all levels of the
organization to identify/define training solutions for business
- Experience in training, development, learning capacity, or
related functions with knowledge of methods for curriculum and
instructional design, multimedia training and adult learning
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels of
the organization including senior leadership.
- Must have excellent communication, organization and time
management skills, writing proficiency and the ability to work
independently with minimal supervision while exercising good
judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong skills in utilizing computer systems and software are a
must, with the ability to continuously learn new software
Address: 1450 N Benson Ave Upland, CA - 91786
Property Description: Corp - Hollins Management
Property Number: 1450
Keywords: Rebel - Rebel Convenience Stores, Upland , CORP Senior Manager, Learning and Development, Executive , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!