Director of Counseling Center
Company: Taylor University
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Taylor University is seeking applications of candidates for
Director of Counseling Center. This is a full-time, -12 month,
exempt -position located in Upland, Indiana. Resumes will be
accepted until - position is filled. -MISSION STATEMENT: The
mission of Taylor University is to develop servant leaders marked
with a passion to minister Christ's redemptive love and truth to a
world in need. Responsibilities: The Director of the Counseling
Center provides leadership and vision for the mental health and
wellness of students. This support includes facilitating personal
growth during self-discovery as well as in times of crisis,
offering professional counsel, prevention, consultation and
referral services to enable students to participate in the entire
program of Taylor University. In addition, the director serves as a
resource to help promote the emotional, physical and mental
well-being of campus community.This position's primary
responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and vision for the mental health and
wellness of students.
- Provide individual and group counseling for Taylor
- Obtain appropriate intake/diagnostic information and develop
- Maintains progress notes and termination summaries for each
- Provide appropriate consultation and referral as needed.
- Obtain appropriate releases for on and off-campus
- Coordinates with Assistant Director the on-call procedures for
emergencies and crises in the Taylor community.
- Recruits with Assistant Director part-time counselors and
graduate school interns.
- Provide individual and/or group supervision for counselors and
graduate school interns.
- Conduct hall presentations and represent the counseling center
in campus presentations.
- Serve as a member of the Student Development CARE team in
formulating individual strategies and programs to develop greater
well-being in the campus community.
- Collaborate with Student Development to address awareness and
prevention education regarding Title IX and Campus SaVe
- Work closely with student development faculty and academic
faculty to facilitate student retention and support.
- Steward the personnel, programs and budget to best serve
student mental health initiatives.
- Provide leadership training for student leaders and hall
- Work with Academic Enrichment Center: emotional support
animals, medical withdraw, housing accommodations.
- Partner with other departments to provide mental health
- Develop and implement workshops, events that provide nutrition,
health education/resources. Education Requirements: -Licensed
Mental Health Counselor or Social Worker within the State of
Indiana (or ability to receive full licensure). Ability to develop
and deliver counseling services in the context of a residential
university setting. Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting
college students today including trauma, anxiety, depression,
stress and disorders. START DATE: As soon as possible Interested
candidates should attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts.
All materials will remain confidential. The University is keenly
interested in diversifying its -staff and strongly encourages women
and members of minority groups to apply. Evaluation of applications
will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Taylor University complies with federal and state guidelines for
nondiscrimination in employment. Please be prepared to answer the
following questions -when you apply for this position: -
- What is your personal faith journey/Christian testimony?
- What are the most significant implications of your faith
commitment to your life today?
- Please list other experiences and skills, which especially
qualify you for this position at Taylor University.
- What do you perceive to be your personal gifts, strengths,
capabilities and limitations as they relate to the position for
which you are applying?
Keywords: Taylor University, Upland , Director of Counseling Center, Executive , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!