Company: Pacific Eye Laser Center LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN), CirculatorWork Location:
Upland, CAPosition Type: Per DiemFLSA Status: Non-ExemptWork Shift:
Day Shift (early morning to early evening work hours)POSITION
SUMMARYProvides professional, high quality, safe and efficient
peri-operative nursing care to patients as a registered nurse.
Roles include but not limited to circulating, scrubbing,
preoperative and postoperative areas as assigned.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Evaluation of self-practice in context with professional
practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing
- Obtains patients' medical history and performs physical
assessment for assigned patients.
- Presents the historical and physical data to the physician to
aid in determining the diagnostic and therapeutic measures
necessary to correct the patient's problem, if needed.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the
individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician
and/or practice policy including patient and family instruction;
explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation,
understanding and allay apprehension.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and
examination of patient; administers prescribed medications and
treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques; prepares
rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies for
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions
and notifies Physician of patient's condition and reaction to
drugs, treatments and significant incidents; takes temperature,
pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations
from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient;
responds to emergency situations based upon nursing standards,
policies, procedures and protocol.
- Participates in training of personnel.CIRCULATING NURSE DUTIES
- Assesses patient condition before, during and after the
procedure to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Responsible for maintaining sterile technique in the operating
room to ensure patient safety
- Supervises any unlicensed assertive personnel in the operating
- Responsible for ensuring that postoperative physician orders
are communicated to the recovery room nursing staff for
- Develops a plan of care and evaluates patient outcomes
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the
patient.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITYThis position has no supervisory
responsibility.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Completion of accredited Registered Nursing Program from
college or technical school.
- Two years RN experience in a hospital and/or surgery center
- One year circulating in operating room experience highly
preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current, valid California Registered Nursing (RN) License
- Current ACLS required.SPECIALTY EYE CARE TO THE INLAND EMPIRE
SINCE 1981Pacific Eye Institute (PEI) has been providing specialty
eye care to the Inland Empire since 1981 when founder Dr. Robert N.
Fabricant opened the first clinic in Upland California. Today,
Pacific Eye Institute is one of the most comprehensive ophthalmic
care facilities in the Inland Empire, with a team of 16 renown eye
specialists offering a broad range of eye care services at six
convenient locations. Our offices are located in Barstow, Eastvale,
Hesperia, Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula and Upland. Whether it's a
routine eye exam, inpatient eye disease care, or outpatient
surgery, we have an eye doctor ready to serve you.Our
state-of-the-art, 9200 square foot ambulatory surgery center, has
two surgical suites and a laser surgery center. We provide the
highest quality vision care for the treatment of ocular conditions,
including cataracts and glaucoma, in a comfortable and safe
Keywords: Pacific Eye Laser Center LLC, Upland , RN, Circulator, Healthcare , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!