Medical Assistant II (Medical Oncology)
Company: City of Hope
Posted on: June 14, 2022
About City of HopeCity of Hope is an independent biomedical
research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other
life-threatening diseases. -Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a
leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR
T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and
personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world.
Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous
breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the
institution. - AccessHope---, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves
employers and their health care partners by providing access to
City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise. -A National Cancer
Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding
member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope
is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S.
News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the
American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located
near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern
California and in Arizona. -City of Hope's commitment to Diversity,
Equity and InclusionWe believe diversity, equity and inclusion is
key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care,
drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on
eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. - Our
commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the
full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and
experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people
we serve in order to build trust and understanding. - We are
dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in
ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work
and represented in our people. -Position SummaryPrepares patients
to see physician, facilitates lab tests and other physician orders
as needed. Assists the lead LVN/ Manager with front office and
clinical duties as directed. -Key Responsibilities include: - - -
- Greets patients and escorts them from the waiting room to exam
rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment.
- Prepares exam rooms with necessary instruments prior to patient
- Assists physicians in preparing for examinations and minor
- Performs basic nursing procedures including non-sterile soaks
and applications of simple dressing and perineal care.
- Obtains and documents patient vital signs in EMR, including
temperature, blood pressure, height/weight, respiration and pulse
and pain level.
- Obtains and documents patient's favorite pharmacy, smoking
history, allergies and current medication list.
- Prior to patient appointment assures all reports and other
medical information are current in EMR.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
the patient and their families.
- New patient intake, Pre-registration, insurance verification
and eligibility, authorizations and record collection prior to
- Registration of all new and existing patients, including
directing patient to complete forms, collection of insurance and ID
- Answers M.A. phones, takes messages, enters messages in EMR and
returns phone calls on same day.
- Schedules tests and off-site procedures when necessary.
- Follows check- in and check-out procedures for all patients. -
Schedule follow up appointments and obtain authorizations for
treatment, testing etc. as needed. Calls patients to confirm
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA
- Communicate Consultations and treatment summary to primary care
and referring physicians.
- Replenishes supplies, stocks and cleans exam room daily.
- Takes medical stock inventory and communicates supply shortage
- Maintains company code of conduct and patient confidentiality
as regulated by HIPPA.
- Attends annual CPR, OSHA and CLIA training programs as
- Attends all staff meetings. -
Keywords: City of Hope, Upland , Medical Assistant II (Medical Oncology), Healthcare , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!