Financial Consultant Partner- Upland, CA
Company: Charles Schwab Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is part of the Branch Network which is primarily
responsible for providing Wealth Management to individuals and
families to meet their financial needs. In partnership with the Sr.
Financial Consultant (FC), the Financial Consultant Partner will
support the growth and management of an affluent wealth management
practice. This includes servicing clients, growing client
relationships, and delivering advice with the practice clients of
the Sr. Financial Consultant. The Financial Consultant Partner will
help grow the practice by partnering with their Sr. FC to pursue
business development opportunities.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab -
What you are good at
As a Financial Consultant Partner at Charles Schwab, you will
operate in a team-based model partnered with one to three Sr.
Financial Consultants. In a team-based model, tasks can be
completed as directed by your Sr. Financial Consultant(s), in
partnership with, or independently with check-ins:
- Provide direct, dedicated support for Sr. Financial
Consultant(s) and their practice clients.
- Interface with existing practice clients via inbound, proactive
and follow-up phone calls, and email as well as face to face
- Deepen new and existing client relationships by proactively and
reactively uncovering additional business development opportunities
and in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to close
- Provide advice to include suitability, recommendations, and
planning for practice clients in partnership with your Sr.
- Build, refresh, and deliver financial plans for practice
clients in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Update and compile client information through Schwab's internal
customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Identify leads and proactively generate ideas to connect with
clients and prospects.
- Set and prepare for appointments, e.g., review planning status,
life events, suitability updates.
- Manage and perform activities in preparation for, and
following, client appointments with designated Sr. Financial
- Manage local event administration including venue
identification, scheduling, contract negotiation, invitation
creation, attendance confirmation, development of client
presentations, and follow-up post-event with clients and
- Support the business development and relationship building
activities of the Sr. Financial Consultant(s) by following up on
referrals and engaging with prospective clients.
- Leverage key business partners (Partner Support & Pinnacle) to
resolve, research, and respond to client inquiries and issues as
well as ensure operational tasks are completed.
- Partner with Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to ensure we are
providing an exceptional experience for clients ultimately
improving client promoter score for the branch.
- Participate in or conduct the initial client on-boarding
- Assist Sr. Financial Consultant(s) with client segmentation and
client engagement blue prints; leverage Connect mailings, branch
workshops, as well as regional/national events.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet
What you have
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required (may be
obtained under a condition of employment)
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may
be obtained under a condition of employment)
- Notary certification (may be obtained after hire)
- Minimum of 3 years of financial services experience is strongly
- Passion for the client with the ability to strengthen and
retain client relationships
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses
integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping
- Demonstrated experience handling client concerns and issues
with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
and effectively prioritize
- Aptitude for, and experience in, identifying new relationship
- Show a genuine interest in staying current on market events and
ability to understand the implications for clients
- Ability to uncover and meet client needs and effectively manage
- Demonstrated ability to be agile in changing environmental,
economic, and client need scenarios
- Operational and/or project management experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain good cross-enterprise working
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced technical skills, with the ability to utilize
different applications at one time, including Windows, internet
researching, database systems, and email
- Collaborative and team based work style
- Ability to retain and execute upon complex information with
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
policies and procedures and applying ethical standards to every
business activity in which they engage
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of their
business activities and professional dealings and to avoid even the
appearance of impropriety
- There is a minimum time-in-position expectation of 2 years
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in
residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS
registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required
to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check
and registration process.
Keywords: Charles Schwab Corporation, Upland , Financial Consultant Partner- Upland, CA, Other , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!