Substation Specialist $70hr+
Company: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
*Please note PAR West has posted this opportunity on behalf of
Utility Line Management Services The Utility Line Management
Services (ULMS) Substation Electrical Startup Engineer position is
a multifaceted and dynamic position. - A Substation Electrical
Startup Engineer job responsibilities include electrical Substation
Electrical Startup Engineer of client substations; supporting field
operations, relay/automation operations, equipment installation and
maintenance, regulatory compliance, program development; and
managing construction projects.ULMS offers employees a competitive
wage, medical benefits, 401K, paid holidays, and a company vehicle
or vehicle allowance. - Southern California offers some of the best
weather in the country and amazing recreational opportunities from
our amazing mountains to the Pacific coast. - You can enjoy skiing,
camping, fishing, golf, motor sports, biking, or any number of
other activities year-round.Required/Core Competencies
- Must possess 10 or more years of experience in substation or
power generation protective relaying and automation controls,
including engineering, maintenance, construction, or operational
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, and math
(STEM) discipline or equivalent combination of education, training,
- Knowledge of basic electric power systems and their operation;
electrical devices as used in complex analog and digital control
systems; and the functions of the component parts as related to
power plant systems and transmission and distribution
- Ability to perform effectively in a NERC CIP and FERC regulated
- Knowledge of SCADA, SA2, and SA3 systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess effective
written and oral communication skills individually and in
- Ability to interpret blueprints, manufacturer's manuals, wiring
diagrams, logic diagrams, schematic diagrams, and computer
- Ability to detect and identify corrective actions for faulty
electrical instrument and control device operation; analyze
problems involving logic as related to overall control process; and
apply electrical theory to practical applications as encountered in
- Familiarity with Doble and other various test equipment used
during substation testing.
- Must be flexible to perform full or part-time work hours;
commit to long duration jobs; and work in remote locations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. -Roles and
- Perform as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on substation electrical
systems and components, project documentation and turnover
processes, and consult to department or division management,
customers, and client organizations on specialized technical
- Perform, monitor, coordinate, collaborate and provide oversight
of resources required to document test data of substation
electrical components, including but not limited to protective
relays, breakers, cap banks, CCVTs, PTs, lightning arresters,
transformers, line tuners, and reactors.
- Perform oversight of testing, inspections, repairs and
adjustments of relays and transmission/distribution protective
- Interpret protective relay setting and perform relay
calibration for new and existing relays.
- Oversee testing and inspections of generators, synchronous
machines, motors, transformers, voltage regulators, instrument
transformers, circuit breakers, cables, capacitors, and other
electrical apparatus used in generations, transmission, and
- Perform oversight of high voltage and power factor insulation
tests and phase relation of overhead and underground lines,
transformers, and relays.
- Support Technicians in the repair, installation, testing,
inspection, repair, and maintenance of Process Control Computer
Systems, Computer Data Terminals, Man/Machine Subsystems, Data
Communication Subsystems, Analog Control Systems, and Support
- Support workflow process by performing quality checks;
coordinating work dates with stakeholders; updating outage
information; scheduling outages; scheduling resources; and
- Conduct mechanical and electrical analysis, performance, and
acceptance tests and inspection of static and rotating electrical
- Act as a single point of contact between client organizations
including Transmission, Operations, Maintenance, Test Departments,
Protection and Automation, and Engineering when problems emerge
that may impact project schedules, testing, documentation and/or
the quality of turnover packages.
- Identify, document, and manage issue reports for component
testing, system testing, and in-service testing.
- Perform final reviews of test results for accuracy and upload
of completed test plans and specific apparatus equipment
- Support, develop, or performs system tests, Lab Acceptance
Tests (LAT) and Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Develop and initiate engineering standards change
- Support analysis, design, and implementation of new processes,
policies, and procedures.
- Develop technical documentation and project reports.
- Leads or participate in cross functional teams for specialized
technical projects. -Utility Line Management Services (ULMS)
-provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC, Upland , Substation Specialist $70hr+, Other , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...