Junior Planner $20hr+
Company: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Quanta Utility Engineering Services safely provides engineering,
procurement and construction services for comprehensive
infrastructure needs in the electric power, oil and natural gas
industries. PAR West has the knowledge and expertise to handle a
full spectrum of projects. From the most straightforward,
single-component installation to the most complex, multi-state
projects, PAR West handles the job safely, efficiently, and
cost-effectively. We are looking for a dynamic individualto add
their technical expertise to our Upland Design Team.The successful
candidate will bea graduate from either Service Planner Development
Program (SPDP) OR possesses one or more years of experience in
Electrical Utility Distribution Design, Transmission Design,
Distribution Line construction, or Electrical Engineering
- Design and construction knowledge for Lighting, Underground
(UG) and Overhead (OH) Utility systems.
- Design and engineering services on multiple concurrent projects
ranging from single unit to large complex projects with strict
adherence to standards and deadlines.
- Experience in utility Geographical Information Systems,
planning database systems, and material ordering systems.
- Technical expertise and guidance in the identification,
analysis and resolution of complex design issues utilizing
published construction standards and regulations
- Effective planning, organizing, scheduling, and monitoring of
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence,
documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches.
- Continuous improvement of job-related, technical, and
professional knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Mentorship and collaboration to peers and trainees in a
fast-paced team environment
- Position may require up to 30% travel and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory including remote regions
- the coast, desert, and mountains across California. Occasional
lifting of typically less than 40lbs. Work in various weather
- Additional duties as needed and/or assigned.Requirements
- Experience working with current utility industry GIS and WMIS
programs as a Service Planner, Engineer, or equivalent field is a
- Demonstrated experience utilizing pole loading software such as
SPIDA, O-Calc, or equivalent including overhead design and
- Proven AutoCAD, AUD, and/or Microstation skills preferred.
- We are seeking a graduate from either Service Planner
Development Program (SPDP) OR possesses one or more years of
experience in Electrical Utility Distribution Design, Transmission
Design, Distribution Line construction, or Electrical Engineering
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent values including
- Ability to demonstrate good written and oral communication
- Ability to demonstrate effective analytical and problem-solving
skillsCALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you are currently applying or have
applied for a position with PAR Western Line Contractors, you are
hereby provided notice of collection of personal information.
Please see this notice at:PAR Western line contractors, LLC
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Keywords: PAR Western Line Contractors, LLC, Upland , Junior Planner $20hr+, Other , Upland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!